If you’re looking at this page, I probably don’t have to explain to you about menopause or it’s evil twin sister – perimenopause. A few women go through it fairly peacefully, while others, are almost debilitated.
Perimenopause is a time when when the fight-or-flight system gets switched to on and doesn’t switch back off.
Common symptoms of the transition to menopause include:
- Irregular menses.
- Hot flushes
- Night sweats
- Weight gain (your fat cells make estrogen)
- Trouble sleeping
Symptoms that women often don’t know about:
- Frozen shoulder occurs mostly in women between 45 and 60 years of age.
- As your hormones go down, cholesterol tends to go up.
- If one endocrine gland is shifting, the others have to shift, so your apt to have problems with one or more glands, including the thyroid.
- Some women liken perimenopause similar to puberty in reverse. You will likely be dealing with challenges or emotions similar to your youth. This gives you another chance to work on your past baggage.
Amy Hale has worked with women for almost two decades on their symptoms with peri-menopause. She has worked with all of the above symptoms (except irregular menses) successfully and more.
If you’re at your wits end with your symptoms, contact Amy Hale to see if she can help you.