What have you been binge watching on Netflix? At the time of this writing, I believe I’ve heard people talk about:
- The Tiger King
- Russian Doll
- Peaky Blinders
How many of you want to be more productive instead of binge watching TV & movies? It’s true that TV & movie watching takes little effort for the body and the mind. The brain cells become less active and become entranced in a different world. It’s especially good if you don’t like the world you’re in. There’s nothing wrong with doing this, but there’s a way to keep your brain and body charged up, while relaxing too.
1. Learn to juggle. Nothing to buy, just get a few rocks from your yard (or crystals for you light-workers) and learn to juggle.It’s fun and it grounds your mind, body and spirit.It’s super hard to worry while doing it because you have to really concentrate.You’re going to drop one once in a while and that’s ok. Pick them back up and do it again.
2. Learn something new. Maybe you have a camera that you can dust off and really get to know how to set the aperture and exposure.You can actually watch TV at the same time as you learn to maneuver through your camera almost hypnotically.
3. There’s a lot of free groups popping up online – choirs, museums, libraries, courses. Take advantage and keep engaged.
4. Self Care – work on your mindset and release self-sabotage with hypnosis. Much quicker than psychotherapy or a great addition to it. Blow through the negative junk inside and create a better life for yourself and your loved ones. You can see my offerings at
5. Watch deserted tourist attractions online. (Doesn’t look like this right now)
6. Take online classes with Ivy League schools. Many are offering outstanding courses for anyone to take advantage of.
7. Go to the zoo – many are streaming various animals around the world.
8. Learn to play the guitar – that’s been sitting in the closet for years. Lessons given via YouTube.
I know, without a doubt, that I’m coming out of this with an internal upgrade.
I would love to hear from you about how you have been spending your time. Leave a comment below.